Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day


Today feels like a Monday to me, I'm blaming it on the Snow Day all Wisconsin Schools had yesterday. The Snow Day yesterday consisted of lying around, watching movies and the occasional conversation on Facebook Chat. We have an estimated 19 inches of snow on the ground and all of it accumulated in 24 hours. It was the first time since 1965 that UW Madison classes were canceled the night before the storm. The whole town was electric and alive after the exciting news. Everyone was outside enjoying the blizzard. My arm still hurts from throwing snowballs, many which were directed at innocent bystanders. All of this snow makes for horrible driving conditions and I feel bad for those that have to travel to work. The roads are now covered in a layer of ice. Today as I was walking to class, I saw the effects of what the icy roads did to people. At one of the busy intersections I cross every morning, the walk sign wasn't on but there were no cars passing by. All of which were at the bottom of a slight hill, constantly spinning their tires, getting no where. One guy walking a head of me also found out how icy the roads are. As he was casually walking through an intersection he slipped and fell to the ground. He must of fell fairly hard because he didn't get up to his feet immediately. But instead crawled to the other side of the road.

This weather is also taking a toll on my floor of the 444. We still have no heat. I can't sit in my room without shivering or putting on layers of clothes. This weather makes my mornings the worst. I hate getting out of the shower. I saw my own breath as I brushed my teeth. It was -1 when I woke up, with a wind chill of -20. It made for one hell of battle to class. At least my German class loved my MTV Cribs video I made.

From Twitter: Caleb Seiser- "I realize my abs hurt so badly from shivering in my sleep."

No comments: